This afternoon the Government announced its business support package, noting it is one of the largest packages in the world on a per capita basis.
The $12.1 billion package includes:
- Initial $500 million boost for health
- $5.1 billion in wage subsidies for affected businesses in all sectors and regions, available from today. Businesses need to show a 30 percent decline in revenue for any month between January and June 2020 and applications can be made here.
- $126 million in COVID-19 leave and self-isolation support
- $2.8 billion income support package for our most vulnerable
- $100 million redeployment package
- $2.8 billion in business tax changes to free up cash flow
- $600 million initial aviation support package
For more detail on the business support package and Government fact sheets, see here.
HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS?
Please get in touch with us by clicking the button below if you have questions about what this means for your business.
Our team is well prepared to continue to provide you with an uninterrupted level of service and support during this time.