Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of 1100px 500px Untitled Design 23
Use for print 8
enablebusiness

Updates

21 April 2020

Here's what you need to know about the recent government update that was made yesterday. 

There has been a major announcement in regard to two schemes to take the pressure off mortgage holders and to assist SME’s obtain finance.


Mortgage Holiday Scheme
The Government & Banks have agreed to provide a six-month mortgage repayment holiday for mortgage holders and SME customers whose incomes have been affected by Covid-19.
 
Business Finance Guarantee Scheme
This scheme will provide short term credit to assist solvent SME’s that are affected by Covid-19.  The Government has agreed to underwrite 80% of individual Bank loans to eligible SME’s, with the Banks taking the risk on the remaining 20%.  This scheme sees the Government take a large portion of risk from the Banks to encourage them to keep lending.
 
The scheme will include a limit of $500,000 per loan and will apply to firms with turnover between $250,000 - $80 million per annum. The loans will be for a maximum of 3 years.    
 
The specifics of the scheme are being finalised and Banks will make an announcement over the coming days.


As always, we will continue to keep you updated. 

Contact Us

PREVIOUS
NEXT

NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive extensive business tips that will help you achieve your business goals in 2020.